Thursday 29 August 2013

Menoth

Another reason why I haven't been doing much with my Night Lords is because I am also playing Privateer Press's brilliant Warmachine. My friend from Hull Dave (http://doublehandedthrow.blogspot.co.uk) introduced me to it several years back after severely beating me in an introduction game (forgot to says thanks for that). Still I did not let it deter me from playing and got into Cryx first and the Protectorate of Menoth afterwards. At the moment I have wood for Menoth am slowly and surely painting them. The painting is slow because I don't think I've found the right way to paint with red as the army's main colour. I've tried several ways and still am not happy. Epic Feora has been painted and stripped on two occasions and still I am not happy with the fucking thing! Here are some of the models I've painted so far being vaguely happy with a couple of them. If you have any criticisms as to what I can do to improve the red please please please tell me as its driving me mad.


High Exemplar Kreoss

High Executioner Servath Reznik

Warrant of death signed by yours truly :)



Choir of Menoth

Vassal of Menoth 1
 Vassal of Menoth 2

Redeemer

Vanquisher


I have to say though painting Reznik was a joy because there is so much going on with that model that it was never boring. That and I think there was hardly any armour on him that needed to be painted red. Some of you may also notice that the red armour on the infantry is brighter than the armour on the warjacks and this is because I am still trying to find a better way to paint with red. 

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!
    I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debs, the praises are actually motivating me to get off my arse and paint the hundreds of unpainted models under my bed

      Delete
  2. Really cool stuff mate, the red is very nice IMO. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude, I think its cause painting red is the first time for me and trying to keep the shade of red consistent for the rest of the army which is annoying me

      Delete